Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fathers Day 2009! Happy Fathers Day!!

Fathers Day 2009

For fathers day this year I had a really hard time trying to decide what to get John. He usually has a list of things he wants, no joke, he does the same thing for Christmas! This year he didn't really say much, which is not like him!

I took him out to lunch and left Jaden in charge. I believe we got 3 phone calls while we were gone! We had a great time at the Macaroni Grill. I also made him dinner Sunday night.



I took the girls out with me and we went looking around. We found this cute little kit that made a photo holder that said "Worlds Best Dad" They both painted it and both helped with making it. John took it to his office. They spent a lot of time making it special for their daddy!



I decided that I would get him a new set of tools for the BBQ grill. He really needed them, but that wasn't something spectacular to get him.

We went out to my brothers house to Celebrate my Nephews 2nd birthday, the Sat before Father's day and we stopped off at the new walmart to look around. John was able to find something that he wanted and it was a combination of different things so it replaced one thing that we needed to buy! Since the special item was half off, I let him get it! I am sooo glad he found something. I was beginning to feel like a slacker wife! I had been really busy with work that week and I didn't have much time to shop. I was going to take him out anyway to find some clothes, but this special item was much better then clothes!
We went over Sunday, to my parents house, and visited by dad for Fathers Day. I was going to take a picture of my dad and the kids and I forgot to take it! My mom had made a cake and we visited and gave my dad his gift. The girls picked out a special card just from them to give to Grandpa. We love you Grandpa!

Now this is a picture of a drawing that Ellie made for her daddy. She did this all on her own. She wanted to make something special for fathers day. I think she did a great job! Its hanging up in our room. I think John really loved all of his gifts!
We love you John! Thanks for being a great husband and Dad! The kids and I think you are the best ever! We hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment