Friday, April 30, 2010

Earthfest 2010..in other words TRAIN!!

For my birthday, John, took me to see Train. They were performing at Earthfest 2010. I am not one of those people that just loves, loves a band and follows them around everywhere, but I do really like Train. This was the second ever concert I have ever been too. I know the sad deprived child. I really was so excited to see this concert. I couldn't wait to see Train!




We were worried about the weather, it had poured the day before. I came prepared with raincoats, umbrellas and gloves, scarf and our winter coats! Yes I know, but I really wanted to enjoy this even if it did rain. It ended up clearing up and it was a pretty clear night. It was still cold, so the winter coat and gloves were on. Now I am either really prepared or just plain old. There were people there that had on shorts, tank top and no coat. A lot of people didn't have any coat on at all. I had my ugly winter coat on people! It really wasn't warm! I guess I am getting old or they are just plain stupid! We sat on a planter that wasn't to far away. It had a great view of the stage and I didn't have to stand up the whole time. The mosh pit is just not for me. We sat next to a lady and her son and nephew. They were nice.



The first band up was Taylor Hawkins. I think that was his name. It was hard to hear the announcer. They are a band from Salt Lake City. He was actually pretty good. I could listen to him more.



The next band up was Vita James. I have to say that I really didn't like her. I know, I know, but I didn't think she was all that good, and I didn't like her style of music. I think they said she was from Australia.

Now Karl Wolf was up next and he is a rapper/hip hop dude. If anyone knows me, that is so not my thing. He sings the re-mix of Africa Song from the 80's. That song isn't bad. He sang like 2 songs and it was his people that kept screaming "Give it up for Karl Wolf" I can't tell you how old that got. Be quite Pose! I wasn't that impressed. If he actual sang more and less screaming, he might have been better. I was really glad when they got off the stage!



This is a picture of some of the crowd. There were a lot of people there.
Hey Monday was on next. I liked them, but the sound wasn't all that great for their set. They needed to have it fixed. I liked the music, but really I wanted to listen to Train! After they were done it took forever to set up for Train! I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to get on.

Finally they were on! I missed the entire first song. This lovely picture above, John had to move to get. Nice kid in there right? The people in front of us, came around from in back of us and put there kid on his shoulders! Seriously! I had a pretty good spot the entire time and I was sooooo looking forward to Train performing. I told the lady that I couldn't see and she said they couldn't see back there. I don't mind if you come up in front of me, but seriously have some manners lady! Don't block the persons view that is behind you! The kid blocked my whole view! I was livid! I screamed at them 3 times to get their kid down! They finally moved him and put the kid on top of the garbage can. Who brings kids to a concert, I have to say leave him home! I had to make myself calm down, I really wanted to enjoy the show! They kinda ruined it for me. I can't think about this concert with out thinking about how inconsiderate they were! I need to go to a concert, I guess, that has assigned seats.


He had girls come up and sing with him, the trainettes, they weren't very good! Ha ha, but it was fun that he got them to come up. He even put on a superman shirt and went surfing over the crowd. I am surprised that everyone kept him up. I couldn't believe he actually did it. He was talking about it, but to really do it, I was surprised.

My camera batteries were dying, so some of these pictures of Train are a little blurry. They put on an awesome show. They sounded great live. I really enjoyed the show and I loved all the songs they sang. The next day, we even went out and bought their new cd. I know, but I can't stop listening to it. It is such a good cd. Thanks Train for a great birthday present! You were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment