Thursday, July 30, 2009

San Diego Zoo

We decided, this year, we would go to the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park. (Just a hint, to all, its cheaper to get a membership. You get into both places and you can use it for a year) The zoo, if you have never been, is in Balboa Park. The park itself has a million things for you to look at and tons of cool museums. We didn't have time to do anything else there. This ZOO, well lets just say its HUGE! There are so many things to look at and so many animals. We only spent a day here, but you could easily spend a few days going through everything and watching the shows.
The very first thing we saw were the monkeys. If anyone knows my Jalyse you know its her favorite animal in the whole world. Some day, she would love to work with monkeys.





I have a ton of pictures we took at the zoo. I will try and highlight some of the kids favorite animals and some cute poses. It is funny how every kid has their favorite. Ellie's favorite thing she wanted to see was the hippos. We actual sat there for awhile watching them. For some reason she just really likes them.


Ellie and Jaden in front of the Hippo Tank



They have a lot of cute Sculptures around that you can have your picture taken on. This one just happens to be the Hippos that Ellie loves.



We went to one show while we were there and we went and saw the Sea Lion Show. It was a very cute show and I would recommend you see it. This is my Nephews favorite thing.
We didn't make it to any of the other shows. We did take the bus tour around the park. The bus driver tells you a lot more about the animals and the zoo. Its worth the 45 minutes
They have a new exhibit with the elephants. Its huge! My husband must love the Elephants I have about 15 pictures of just them. I would have to say that must be his favorite thing at the zoo.


Out by the Elephants in a new exhibit is the Lions and Tigers. John got a picture of one of the paws on the Lions.


Jaden really liked the Lions and the Tigers. We spent a lot of time looking at them sleep. It was to hot for them to get up and do much.



Please don't eat me Sir!





One of my favorite animals is the Bears. I really have loved them since I was a girl. I love the Polar bears too! (My mother in-laws favorite) I just didn't get any pictures of them. We had a great view of them playing when we were on the bus tour, but when we went back by they were up in the back sleeping.




They had numerous places in the zoo with Meerkats, I think these guys are so cute too! This one is the watch guard and just stands up on top of the termite mound as the watchman. He didn't move the entire time we watched him.



This is just a cute picture of my girls enjoying the day at the zoo.


On the way out of the Zoo we saw this performer! That really is a real person in there! It was really neat to see. We had a great time at the zoo and can't wait to get back there and see more of the shows and animals.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have always wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo. Looks like a lot of fun!

Post a Comment