Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Family Camping Trip

The last weekend, in August, we went on our annual family camping trip to Strawberry. It's a yearly tradition to go up with my side of the family. We spend a few nights together as a family and get to enjoy some fishing with Grandpa Don! My kids look forward to this every year, so please dad don't stop the tradition! My dad has been sick, so we have waited a while to go this year. My sister and I usually camp together and this year was no different. We each only have tents, so tenting it is! The two older boys slept in a two man tent this year, and Karen's two oldest girls slept in the van. My parents have a 5th wheel, I can only dream... so that is base camp for all of us. The first night we had a great time setting up camp and roasting marshmallows. It is nice to spend sometime with the family.

Dylainy, Ellie and Ashtyn roasting marshmallows

Is it done yet?

My dad, Mom and Brother-in-Law Trin.
I wish I could take a better picture. I took more but they are all to dark. I don't know if its me or the camera!
That night we had a special visitor come to our camp. I have been camping all my life and have never seen or heard anything other then the cute little chipmunks/squirrels that are everywhere. This year we had a skunk in our campsite. I didn't see him, but I sure heard him all night. My parents had said their was a skunk around and sure enough we had it show up that night. That night, Trin, looked out his window and saw its tale, so yep it was a skunk. He sure was loud! That was interesting to have him there all night, but he didn't get anything!
We got up the next morning and had a great breakfast and the older kids went out fishing with grandpa!

1 comment:

TM CLAN said...

We usually go fishing/camping at least once each summer, with this year as the exception and after reading this...makes me sad!

Post a Comment