Sunday, October 10, 2010

Field trip to the secret garden...

Friday I went on a field trip with Jalyse's 4th grade class. They went to Thanksgiving Point and went to the secret garden. I had never been there before.

We started off by this lady talking to them about the rock cycle. She made sand turn into a sediment rock and turned rock into metamorphic. It was interesting to see all of her experiments.

We then went outside and listened to another guide talk to the kids about habits and different animals. He really knew his stuff! This is a wolverine. He was talking to the kids about where it lived and what it ate.

This is a wolf. He really had the kids attention.
The kids then went to the next group and learned about minerals.
The side of this little hill had all kinds of minerals in bedded in it. They got to wonder around trying to find as many minerals as they could.
My cutie!
The last group they went to was designing your own animal that would fit into your ecosystem.They read a piece of paper that told them about their planet and then they had to come up with an animal that would live on it and what it would eat and what predators it had to watch out for. It really got their brains thinking.

I think they had a fun time in the garden. They didn't get to see it all but they sure learned a lot! I am glad I got to tag along. Thanks for the fun day Jalyse!

No comments:

Post a Comment