Sunday, January 3, 2010

The presents have come.. Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas All!
Ellie was just a little excited this year. She was up at 3:00am waking us up! She ran through the house turning on all the lights! Needless to say, John, had to get out of bed and put her back in her room. 3:30 and 4:00 came and she was back in our room! 6:30 came and they were all up. Jaden ran upstairs, and the girls ran to our room to get us up. Needless to say I was the last one up! Before I let them open up anything we did the box. The box that they were suppose to write down everything they did nice/wasn't asked to do or something to be helpful/service. I read through each one of them, so each member of the family could hear them all. I told them that their gifts of service was their gift to Jesus and God for Christmas. I hope they got the message that Christmas is not all about what gifts they get, but about Christ and all he did for us and helping others. After I was done with my box, they got to open up a gift. Then I remembered that the kids hadn't gone downstairs. Santa had visited the basement. The mention of the word Santa and the kids all ran downstairs. Ellie was so happy and just giggling with excitement. Jalyse and Jaden were happy too when they found out what they had gotten. We let them play with their stuff, a bit, then it was back upstairs to open more presents, breakfast and more gifts. Grandma Pat called and the kids got to open up the presents from Grandma while they were on the phone with her. We had a great Christmas and the kids got some great gifts. We have been blessed and are grateful for all that we have. We hope everyone had a Merry CHRISTmas.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Look like Santa was good to you guys!

Post a Comment